Dinorwig Power Station
- Location:North Wales
- Market:Power Generation
- Products Used:Over 1,500 XP95 detectors and ancillary devices. 450 addressable sounders, 250 MCPs, 100 interfaces.
- Panel:Kentec Syncro
- Download as PDF:Dinorwig Power Station.pdf
Dinorwig Power Station is situation close to Snowdonia National Park in North Wales. Built in 1984, Dinorwig hydro electric power station offers one of the fastest response times of any power facility in the world, generating 1,728MW from standstill in just 90 seconds.
International Power, owners of the power station developed a specification that would:
- Deliver a networked fire system to cover overground and underground areas of the power station sited several kilometers apart
- Be based on an open protocol
- Include aspirating fire detection
Working in partnership with Kentec Electronics Limited, Apollo Fire Detectors were able to demonstrate that a fire system based on Apollo's digital open protocol would fulfill International Power's needs.
The fire system at Dinorwig now offers comprehensive coverage across the entire site with point fire detection, aspirating detection and extinguishing systems fully integrated.